Help your clients optimize their rotable repair cost & inventory levels without compromising customer service levels.
Component maintenance & reliability majorly contribute to aircraft reliability. With global airlines trying to achieve and sustain at 95-98% dispatch reliability, component & engine MROs face the challenge of competitive TATs with no compromise on defect detection / fault isolation. Running a component MRO shop isn't simple, for instance engine MRO facilities under-take very challenging tasks. Their assembly & disassembly typically during a complete overhaul, is a task with high level of complication.
Once disassembled their sub-components have to be handled very carefully. Further, during inspection and repair, MROs have to ensure that they follow the procedures as mentioned in the CMM. Moreover, these facilities also need to ensure that ongoing revisions are complied with, as per the OEM's instructions.
- Of the total cost incurred by organizations for spares and inventory, 43% is accounted to engines & 40% is accounted to other rotables.
- Of the maintenance reserves paid by airlines, 76% is accounted to engine LLPs.
Source: IATA, MCTF Group
An engine has several systems like fan modules, core, module assemblies etc. MRO facilities require to have an understanding of which subsystem has been removed, whether existing parts are available to fulfill the demand etc. Furthermore, it is also essential to classify whether the repair for the removed components will be done internally or externally. The complex nature of Engine MRO activities imply that even a small mistake in any of the activities right from disassembly to assembly will have an impact on the cost and will lead to delay on the final delivery.
The pre-built solution focuses on optimizing process & man power, fulfilling regulatory requirements and provides the following competitive advantages
Dynamic Aircraft / Component
- This flexibility in the software helps the records management team in defining variations in customer configuration structures depending upon their maintenance needs
Increase Productivity through
bar codes & smart cards
- Most of the operational reports are bar coded, this facilitates smooth workflow and reduces data typing into the system. This approach makes the solution very user friendly & helps you go paperless
Support to parts exchange &
pooled inventory concepts
- Part exchanges are one of the key requirements of MRO operations & help you stick to the accepted TAT. Ramco Aviation Solution tracks ownership switches in inventory & on shop floor and supports part exchanges for meeting the promised TAT reports
PMA Parts Management
- While PMA parts are becoming an increasingly popular choice to most of the airline operators, certain airlines still do not accept. An MRO service provider is required to maintain stock of PMA parts as well as OEM parts. Ramco Aviation Solution facilitates PMA parts management by allowing users to define effective controls
- Penalties due to TAT violation are a great cause of concern for any MRO service provider. Ramco Aviation Solution effectively tracks all the wait times and facilitates MRO service provider to take corrective actions. The complex algorithm effectively eliminates all the wait times attributable to customer. Various alert mechanisms are available in the software for preempting TAT violations
Dynamic Task Card Management
- Ramco Aviation Solution facilitates users in maintaining operator specific task cards. This ensures compliance of maintenance procedures as per the operator's procedural manual. Additionally the system also facilitates authorizing of generic task/repair procedures by MRO service providers. The Work Management Cycle, based on the contractual commitments, picks the correct task cards for sign-off by mechanics.
Save revenue drain through warranty costs
- Inbuilt feature of real-time global warranty & parts tracking.